Bhaav Tarangini – A Unique Expression of ‘Abhangs’ (bhajans in Sanskrit and Marathi) rendered beautifully by India’s leading singers Hariharan and Suresh Wadkar represent a dancer’s quest for salvation and describe the path from the first hesitant step… to the struggle for self realization…to the moment of supreme illumination when filled with the Divine Light…to body, mind and spirit merging into oneness with the Supreme Being.
This bouquet of melody is intended to depict the passage of the soul in its quest for liberation and salvation from the cares of the everyday world, breaking forever free from the eternal cycle of life and death that are part of mortal existence.
Vasanthi Sridhar is one of the leading dancers in the contemporary field of Bharat Natyam dance. Blessed with an inimitable stage presence, crisp footwork and superbly expressive abhinaya, Vasanthi Shridhar has won rich plaudits from both critics and public alike. Vasanthi’s love for dance has led her to set up a dance institution where she is engaged in the training and grooming of a new generation of dancers.
Being the leading dancer in the contemporary field of Bharat Natyam dance was because of the learning process that started at the tender age of five from Guru Sri Mahalingam Pillai. She graduated with a first class honours degree in Fine Arts from Bombay University from the Nalanda College of Fine Arts under the tutelage of Smt Kanak Rele.
She has been awarded the prestigious National Merit Scholarship for Dance and a Fellowship in Nattuvangam by the Department of Culture of the Government of India.
1. Introduction – Harish Bhimani
2. Satvik Akriti Srishti – Suresh Wadkar
3. Vighneshwara Dharani Dhara – Suresh Wadkar
4. Sant Dnyaneshwar – Suresh Wadkar
5. Palaki Ghenar – Suresh Wadkar
6. Satya Srishti – Hariharan
7. Anchita Kunchita – Hariharan
8. Ardhanareeshwar – Hariharan
9. Satya Sandesh – Hariharan
10. Bola Panduranga – Suresh Wadkar
11. Paramanand Divya Lok – Hariharan
12. Shambho Mahadev – Hariharan
13. Saavle Roop – Suresh Wadkar
14. Brahma Lok Natana Nayaki – Hariharan
15 Keshav Raya – Hariharan
16. Keshav Tana - – Suresh Wadkar
17. Anand Sharanam – Suresh Wadkar
18. Aarti – Suresh Wadkar
Inspired by Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Introduction: Harish Bhimani
Lyrics: Vasanthi Sridhar
Music Director: Ashit Desai
Produced by: Vasanthi Sridhar
Recorded at: Ajivasan Sounds
Recorded by: Pramod Ghaisas/Mandar Wadkar
Conceived & Produced for Times Music by Smt. Vasanthi Sridhar
Dedication: In loving memory of my mother – in – law Smt. Meena Sivaram