Music Arranged BY> Pijush Dhar
India’s Ace flautist needs no introduction to music lovers all over the globe. By virtue of his phenomenal talent he and the Bansuri are literally synonymous. Ronu Majumdar began playing the flute under the guidance of his father Dr. Bhanu Majumdar, late Pt. Lakshman Prasad Jaipurwale and finally the revered Pt. Vijay Raghav Rao. He was also fortunate to receive training from his grand guru Pt. Ravi Shankar. A powerhouse performer, Ronu Majumdar is firmly rooted in the Maihar Gharana which has also given shape to sturdy musical oaks like Pt. Ravi Shankar and Ustad Ali Akbar Khan.
Pandit Ronu Majumdar’s Bansuri is transcendental. It transports you to a zone where divinity reigns supreme and produces a balmy effect thereby taking us on a spiritual journey. His bansuri keeps juggling between eras. His versatility as an artist is not confined merely within the precincts of our nation. He has rightfully earned the sobriquet of a world musician.
Pandit Ronu Majumdar’s real success lies in the fact that he is one of those great artists who has influenced the music connoisseur’s tastes over the years displaying wide range performances across genres and musical boundaries.
1. Those Nostalgic days (Purano Sei…)
2. The Lone Journey (Jodi Tor Daak..)
3. Heavenly Abode (Aro Koto Dure…)
4. Surrendering to Utmost (Jeneshune Bish…)
5. The Village calling (Gramchhara Ol…)
6. Eager for salvations (Bhenge Mor…)
7. Eternal eyes (Biddhi Dagoro Ankhi…)
8. Joywinds of a rainyday (Pagla hawar Badol dine…)
9. Clouds my Playmate (Mono mor megher…)
10. Homage to the poet (Klanti Amae…)