Gopal Parajuli, born on 9 Jestha 2002 BS at Bhamarkot, Kavre. His contact address is Baneshwor, Kathmandu, tel.: +977 1 4494412, cell: +977 9849180172. He is a well-known feature writer on children and to his credit the following books are published:
1. National Heroes of Nepal (Part 1-3, in Nepali)
2. Biographies of Five Distinguished Scientists (in Nepali)
3. Our Famous Litterateurs (Part 1-6, in Nepali)
4. Child's Habit: children short essays (in Nepali)
5. Courageous Rupa: children short stories (in Nepali)
6. One Day Walk: children short novel (in Nepali)
7. Times Outlay: Poem collection (in Nepali)
8. Twenty Five Geniuses (Part 1-7, in Nepali)
9. National Heroes of Nepal (in English)
AWARDS AND HONOURS
1. National Level Child Award (2043, 2048)
2. Int’1 Children Year, Children Short Story Award (1990)
3. Children Welfare Award (2057)
4. Children Literature Award (Shishu Sewa Sadan, 2059)
5. Ratna Children Trust Honour (2058)
6. Sunkoshi Innovative Honour (2060) 7. Devi Kumari Thapa Children Literature Award (2065) It!
8. Children Literature Society Nepal, Honour (2066)
9. Felicitated by Tanneri Sahitya Pratishthan (2068)
10. Best Children's Writer Award by Int'l Society of USA for Nepali Literature (2070)
In my schooldays, I was highly conscious and interested to know about the lives of our native literary creators. As I grew up, I thought that like myself, other school-going children would also be curious and interested to know about the lives of such great literary personalities.
So I thought, if I introduced such ever-memorable creators to the children of the upcoming generation, they would certainly increase and enrich their knowledge. Furthermore, such personalities might, in turn, directly or indirectly encourage and inspire the new generation to follow their meritorious footsteps.
Thus, I started writing about such creators by collecting their biographical information and facts, and their works i.e. the literary legacy they had left behind at our disposal.
In the initial period, I doubted whether I could really accomplish this task. I also didn't know how the native readers would take my initiative. But as I continued writing, I found myself encouraged by my loving readers.
My well-wishers and amicable friends as well as my esteemed readers, time and often, advised and suggested me to present the original versions of the works in English language, so that even the non-native readers will know about our literary icons, who have enriched our literature and culture. And that resulted into the production of this book.
I hope, this translated version will be quite useful and beneficial to foreign but friendly readers, as was the Nepali version to my Nepali readers. I hope, they would definitely enjoy reading about our unforgettable writers and philosophers.
Finally, I would like to express my sincere thanks to my benevolent friend Chandra Gurung who translated these essays with an enthusiastic spirit, to Mahesh Paudyal, who edited this compilation and to Toya Nath Bhattarai who carefully read the draft from cover to cover and suggested ways to make it reader-friendly. I express my sincere thanks to Prof. Dr. Ammaraj Joshi, head, Central Department of English, Tribhuvan University for writing an intellectual foreword to my book in spite of his busy schedule. I am equally thankful to my publishers, Ratna Pustak Bhandar, and my well-wishers and friends for their untiring inspiration.
Item Code: NAP490 Cover: PAPERBACK Edition: 2017 Publisher: Ratna Pustak Bhandar, Nepal ISBN: 9789937330725, 9789937330732 Language: English Size: 8.50 X 5.50 inch Pages: 379 Other Details: Weight of the Book: 0.4 Kg