Stories of Shyama Charan Lahiri Mahasay: The Polestar of Kriya (The Householder Yogi of the Century 1828-1895)
• Swami Satyeswarananda (Vidyaratna Babaji) was educated as a resident student for ight years in the hermitage school.
• He learned Kriya from Swami Satyananda with whom he was closely associated for long twenty years.
• Graduated from the University of Calcutta with a B.A. Philosophy Honors, received an M.A. in philosophy specializing in Vdanta philosophy, Concurrently received a LL.B. ((law) degree, and also worked for Ph.D. program.
• He was a professor of law and an advocate (attorney).
• He entered into the order of Swami with the blessings of Jagatguru Sankaracharya Swami Krishna Tirtha Bharati of Puri Gobardhan Math and Bidyananda presided over the ceremony.
• He lived in a small hut for twelve (12) years in Dunagiri Hill, Himalayas as a Himalayan Hermit; sometimes with Mahamuni Babaji who frequently visited him.
• Suddenly, without taking a vow, he observed Continuous Silence... (akhanda mouna) for three long years and was known as Silent Sage, Mouni Baba, Mouni Swami.
• In 1974, he received Kriya Sutras the message of Mahamuni Babaji at Dunagiri Hill Himalayas.
• In 1975, at the instruction of Babaji, he toured the word and lectured in European countries.
• In 1976, Mahamuni Babaji initiated him into Purana Kriya in the Himalayas and commissioned him to re-establish the Original Kriya.
• In 1982, Mahamuni Babaji sent Vidyaratna Babaji to America. He has lived in America ever since.
• He has authored more than seventy nine (79) books. Some of them are as follows:
|ii.||List of Books||ix|
|"Chapter" 1||Early Days and Birth||1|
|2||Order of the Society in the Aryya Civilization||10|
|3||Marriage and the Work Life||28|
|4||Initiation into Kriya in the Himalayas||31|
|5||The Household Life||65|
|6||The Practice of Kriya and the Inner Revelations||123|
|7||Retired Life and Interpretations of the Scriptures||154|
|8||The Disciples and the Kriya Network||163|
|9||The Historical Letters||256|
|10||The Mysterious Events||304|
|11||The Last Days and Resurrection||329|
|13||Agree or Disagree - Hard Truth One Liners||347|
Item Code: NAM452 Author: Swami Satyeswarananda Giri Cover: Hardcover Edition: 2016 Publisher: The Sanskrit Classics, Publisher ISBN: 9781877854590 Language: English Size: 8.5 inch X 5.5 inch Pages: 385 (14 Color and Throughout B/W Illustrations) Other Details: Weight of the Book: 575 gms