Item Code: IDH061
by Dr. M. RAMASUNDARA RAOHardcover (Edition: 2003)
Size: 8.5" X 5.6"
Pages: 805(WITH B & W Illus Figure)
Discounted: $30.00 Shipping Free
My Heartiest Pranams to Lord Dhanvantari the god of Ayurveda. I am really indebted to the students and teachers of Ayurveda and to the Publishers of Ayurvedic Texts. It is because of their encouragement and whole-hearted co-operation we could bringout the text books of Ayurveda for BAMS and post Graduate Students.
By God's Grace we could bring out this sarira Rachana vignanam (Anatomy) by now.
Main Features of this book are.
1. The Book is written in Accordance with the CCIM syllabus for BAMS.
2. Samskritam Version is given at the end of the book. You can find Samskrita Slokas in English script also in the textual Matter.
3. For all modern topics, preference is given to modern terminology.
4. Illustrations are given at the end of the book, all at one place with references to be tallied with the text.
5. Samskrutam equivalent terms of bones, Nerves, blood vessels, Muscles, organs etc are taken from Rachana Sarir by Sri K.K. Pandeya, and from Brihat Saareeram by Sri P. S. Varier.
6. Ayurvedic original quotations and literature related to Asthis, Dhamanis, Siras, Srotases, koshtangas etc are given to the extent possible in the beginning of every chapter.
7. Elaborate discussions about controversial topics like Hridaya, Nabhi, Drishti, Kloma, etc. are avoided and whatever the popular usage and CCIM coned usage is there for these structures the alone is selected.
8. The English to Samskrutam and Samskrutam to English rendering of technical terms is given both in the glossary at the end and in the beginning of the chapter also.
9. Though the subject matter given in this book is enough for examination purpose, the students interested to gather more information, they can read the modern books also.
10. The modern books referred by the Author of this book are Chaurasia's anatomy, Principles of Anatomy and physiology by Tortora and Anagnostakos and Russian anatomy of Mir Publications. The Students will be benefited more, if they read these three modern books also for more details.
11. Suggestions and comments from the readers and teachers are most welcome. And the relevant changes will be made at the earliest and if necessary a supplement will be published in due course.
We hope the readers will appreciate our effort and extend the blessings.
About the Book
It is a "Bhageeratha Praytna" to prepare Ayurvedic Text Books to suit the present day needs. The contents of this book are related to both Ayurvedic and most modern trends in anatomy. The CCIM has framed the syllabus in such a tremendous way that the reader will become thoroughly conversant with both the ancient and modern systems. This book can be used as a companion by modern scientists also to explore the hidden secrets of Ayurvedic Anatomy. The Author Dr. M.RAMASUNDARA RAO with his vast teaching experience has designed this book as best as he could. His other books are
SAREERA KRIYA VIGNANAM (Physiology In Ayurveda)
SHALYA TANTRA VIGNANAM (Surgery In Ayurveda)
PADARDHA VIGNANAM (Meta Physics and Philosophy)
SAMSKRUTHAM FOR BAMS
|S. NO.||PAGE NO.|
Asthi Sankhya (Intoduction)
Muscles of The Back
Paper - II Section - A