6 talks to school children college Students, Teacher and parents
This MP3 has been put together for the benefit of school children college students college students, teachers and parents who will find in his selection of talks a simple and clear overview of Krishnamurti vision of education and human life and his radically different approach to both.
1. The Quality of Attention (A Statement by Krishnamurti on education)
Is it Possible to educate not merely the academic side of a human being but the wholeness of man the psychological nature of man and its structure?
2. The Right Relationship Between Teacher and Pupil: (A Talk to the Children of the Rajghat Besant School Varanasi on 24 November 1972
Why are you being educated? What is the point of your getting a degree passing some examinations and then passing out into this society which is corrupt?
3. The Two Questions I would ask Myself if I were a student(A Talk to the Students of Bombay University on 22 December 1969
One would ask to live a life that has deep meaning a life not only for acquiring a house a family and all the rest of it but also for finding out if there is something more than existence.
4. What is the intention of parents and educators?(A talk an educational conference in Rishi Valley on 4 December 1979
How Shall be deal with this problem of fear? The Problem is that both the educator and the educated are frightened of life.
5. A School is a place of Leisure (A Talk at an educationl conference in Rishi Valley on 6 December 1979
A School is a place of leisure to learn not to be moulded but to have this immense quality of freedom and leisure which brings about extraordinary character.
6. Is there Such a thing as right education (Krishnamurti’s reply a question and Answer Meeting in Saanen Switzerland on 25 July 1983.
I would life my children to have a view of the world as a whole a view of humanity not from their narrow point of view but of the whole of the human world.