In the Indian way of classification, foods are grouped into three categories—sattvic (goodness/ equanimity), rajasic (passion/stimulants) and tamasic (ignorance/sedative). Onions and garlic—classified as rajasic and tamasic—are supposed to increase passion and ignorance. For those who subscribe to pure brahmana-style of cooking this is the book to possess. Easy to cook, with delectable recipes for every meal—be it breakfast, lunch, tea or dinner—No Onion No Garlic gives you fresh recipes as well as regular favourites with new permutations. Add this compilation to your collection of recipe books. Enjoy foods fit to offer a God.
About the Author
Master Chef Sanjeev Kapoor's No Onion No Garlic will, for once and for all, dispel the myth that to cook delicious food you need to use onions and garlic. Within the covers of this book you will find a wonderful collection of recipes which are cooked with a combination of herbs and spices that excude a lingering taste.
While we agree that onions and garlic do make certain dishes totally special, No Onion No Garlic will reinstate the truth that the two wonder bulbs are not the final word in gourmet cooking. Nature has given us myriad spices; herbs and condiments that add their own special flavour and help in making food extra special.
These splendid recipes can be enjoyed anytime, all the time and are meant for those who are on religious fasts. In fact the next time you host a grand dinner party at home, plan the menu around these scrumptious recipes and enjoy the accolades that will come your way. Go the No Onion No Garlic way and enjoy the pleasures of sattvic eating.
Sanjeev Kapoor, celebrity chef from India has many firsts to his name:
• His best-seller hooks reach an enthralling number of more than 150 titles (in English, Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Assamese, Malayalam and Gujarati). His much awaited book for the international audience How to Cook Indian, published and printed in the US and later in the UK received an overwhelming response and positive press. It has been listed amongst the Summer Cookbooks of the Year.
• The Yellow Chilli Cookbook has been awarded as the Best International Cookbook in the 2012 International Book Awards and as Best Indian Cuisine Book and Best Chef Cookbook in the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards 2012. aah! Chocolate has been awarded the Gourmand Best Cookbook Photography in India at the Gourmand World Cookbooks Awards 2013.
• www.sanjeevkapoor.com attracts more than ten million page views per month and nearly 1.5 million fans follow him on Facebook. His website has more than 8,000 proven recipes. • Conferred the 'Best Chef of India' award by the Government of India.
• First chef across the world to start his own 24x7 food TV channel by the name of FoodFood.
• Represented India in 2012 in The World Association of Chefs' Societies (WAGS) at Daejon, South Korea and initiated the Indian ancient ways of Ayurvedic Cooking' to international chefs. Represented India as a food ambassador in Spain under the Spanish Government's Indian Future Leaders Programme (IELP).
• The most famous face from Indian subcontinent with continuous television presence on. International TV, he has prominently featured with Rachel Ray, Richard Quest and Rene Redzepi. Sanjeev Kapoor is also been hailed as the Rachel Ray of India.
• His restaurants `Sanjeev Kapoor's Khazana', 'The Yellow Chilli' 'Signature' and `Sura Vie' are buzz words for the best in the category in India and many countries.
• Sanjeev Kapoor's Khazana brand in Indian blended spices, ready-to-cook mixes, pickles and gourmet chutneys are creating waves in the US, Europe and Middle East besides India.
• Another brand of Sanjeev Kapoor, Wonderchef is enabling Indian women to empower themselves by starting their own business in selling world class kitchen gadgets.
He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine number one in the world and empowering Indian women through the power of cooking to become self-sufficient.
Send as free online greeting card
Email a Friend