The incidence of Diabetes Mellitus and High Blood Pressure is rising at an alarming pace in our country. Diabetes and High Blood Pressure are dreadful and life- time diseases. Unless adequately controlled, they throw all the system and organs of the body into disarray and give rise to terrible complications.
Extraordinary perseverance and intelligent planning are requires to combat these two diseases and the patient has to be his own commander. To fight this battle successfully, it is necessary that the patient possesses the knowledge of all the aspects of these diseases. However, it is not easy for common people to acquire all the knowledge about these diseases. Besides, even a doctor cannot fully educate his patients about these diseases because of several limitations, especially that of time. That is precisely the reason to bring out this book. If a reader afflicted by any of these two diseases assiduously follows the suggestions given in this book, we are sure he shall be able to lead an active and productive life.
Today, many fallacious ideas and myths about these two diseases prevail in the minds of lay people. Such myths have been exploded in this book.
The guidelines for treatment, given in many a book available in the market, most of which are by foreign authors, cannot be wholly applied to Indian conditions. This book tries to eliminate such flaws.
We are thankful to Dr. Ashok Patel from Ahmadabad and Dr. Amrut Vora from Mumbai for going through the manuscript of this book and offering valuable suggestions.
Constructive suggestion from laymen and experts alike, for the improvement of this book, shall be gratefully acknowledged.
Salient Features of This Book
1. Practical hints to prevent diabetes and high blood pressure.
2. A detailed discussion about the causes of these diseases.
3. Clear presentation, for the first time, about the mental attitude and behaviour responsible for high blood pressure.
4. Information about diet that would control diabetes on its own.
5. Step by Step information about the various tests to detect diabetes and periodically assess its control. Armed with this information you shall be able to perform these tests yourself and thus save money.
6. Details about the drugs used in diabetes or high blood pressure, the mechanism of their action and their probable side effects.
7. Practical and illustrated information about the method to inject medicinal insulin into your own body. This information will make you independent and self- sufficient.
8. Details about how to care for your skin and feet, if you have diabetes.
9. Ideal weights charts, calorific values of various cooked and uncooked foods, natural sources of various vitamins and minerals and a number of other extremely useful appendices.
Acupuncture & Acupressure (200)
Gem Therapy (22)
Original Texts (231)
Therapy & Treatment (145)
Tibetan Healing (131)
Send as free online greeting card
Email a Friend