Efficacy of Fasting

Delivery Ships in 1-3 days
Item Code: IHL244
Author: Dr. Dhiren Gala
Publisher: Navneet Publication Pvt. Ltd.
Edition: 2008
ISBN: 812430145X
Pages: 56
Cover: Paperback
Other Details 8.5 Inch X 5.5 Inch
Fully insured
Fully insured
Shipped to 153 countries
Shipped to 153 countries
More than 1M+ customers worldwide
More than 1M+ customers worldwide
100% Made in India
100% Made in India
23 years in business
23 years in business

Book Description


There is no exaggeration in saying that fasting has established its supremacy over other remedies in the treatment of a disease. All naturopaths corroborate this fact. It is a known fact that Mahatma Gandhi was staunch advocate of fasting.

The occurrence of most diseases is due to improper dietetic habits and excessive eating. Our life is maintained on 25% of what we eat and on the remaining 75% live doctors. Though the statement may appear a bit exaggerated it is nevertheless true. There is no doubt that control over eating and occasional fasting when the need arises help us to maintain good health and help the diseased body to regain health.

In the modern age man has been dazzled by scientific discoveries which give material comforts to mankind. Man now regards luxuries as the sole aim of life. As a consequence he has forgotten the importance of fasting. Nobody dies on account of missing a meal or observing a day’s fast. During the Paryushana festival of the Jains even small children observe a fast of eight days without experiencing any ill effects. There are cases in which people thrown on to an uninhabited island or such other place survived without eating anything for thirty to forty days or more.

There are a number of examples which show that health has improved after observing a fast scientifically. If one observes a fast properly concludes it in a disciplined manner and thereafter resumes taking simple and nutritious diet gradually one is sure to get the benefit of good health.

This book though small in size gives detailed scientific information about fasting and if the reader gets inspiration from it and puts into practice whatever he learns from it with a view to getting better health he is sure to be benefited.

This book has been written keeping in mind modern physiology and it gives complete scientific information about every aspect of fasting. We are confident that it will provide logical and authentic reading material to laymen elites and medical men. Readers are requested to give their contribution to this humble endeavor by sending their views and letting us know the experiences.


1The meaning and the purpose of fasting 5
2 Fasting : A Scientific point of view 8
3 Before fasting 13
4 What should a faster do during his fasting Period? 16
5 How should fasting be ended 20
6 Fasting : Where and When? 23
7 Fasting and Discrimination 25
8 Fasting for Mental and Spiritual development 27
9 Weight reduction through fasting 29
10 Fasting Increases energy 31
11 Rejuvenation by Fasting 33
12 Fasting : A Few Cases 36
1. Fasting causes no weakness 36
2. Fasting upto a month is not Harmful 37
3. Rejuvenation by fasting 39
4. Recovery form Fever 41
5. Freedom from Obesity and Stiff Joints 42
6. Relief from cold and digestive disorders 43
7. Diarrhoea and Abdominal Pain 44
8. Freedom from Bodyache and Backache 45
9. Cure of obesity irregular menstruation and infertility 46
10. Cure of Burning Micturition 48
11. Malaria is Cured 49
12. Appendicitis is cured 51
13. Conclusion 52
Frequently Asked Questions
  • Q. What locations do you deliver to ?
    A. Exotic India delivers orders to all countries having diplomatic relations with India.
  • Q. Do you offer free shipping ?
    A. Exotic India offers free shipping on all orders of value of $30 USD or more.
  • Q. Can I return the book?
    A. All returns must be postmarked within seven (7) days of the delivery date. All returned items must be in new and unused condition, with all original tags and labels attached. To know more please view our return policy
  • Q. Do you offer express shipping ?
    A. Yes, we do have a chargeable express shipping facility available. You can select express shipping while checking out on the website.
  • Q. I accidentally entered wrong delivery address, can I change the address ?
    A. Delivery addresses can only be changed only incase the order has not been shipped yet. Incase of an address change, you can reach us at help@exoticindia.com
  • Q. How do I track my order ?
    A. You can track your orders simply entering your order number through here or through your past orders if you are signed in on the website.
  • Q. How can I cancel an order ?
    A. An order can only be cancelled if it has not been shipped. To cancel an order, kindly reach out to us through help@exoticindia.com.
Add a review
Have A Question

For privacy concerns, please view our Privacy Policy

Book Categories