• Go skiing in snow white Gulmarg and Auli .
• Discover the serene homestays of kumaon (Sitla , jilling. Jeolikot, pangot, ramgarh).
• Caress the serene high altitude lakes in the Himalaya (pangong TSo, Tso moriri, Tsomgo lake).
• Find bliss in the majesty of kangchendzonga in Darjeeling and Gangtok.
• Get enchanted with Buddhist monasteries and culture in ladakh, himachal Pradesh and sikkim.
• Soak in the post monsoon lushness of the western ghats (Lonala, Matheran, Malshej Ghat).
• Experience the misty tea plantations in the nilgiris (Ooty , Coonoor).
• Visit the unexplored edge of the country in Nathu La tawang Ziro Kohima and Aizawl.
• Inhale the aroma of coffee beans in the hills of the coorg region (Madikeri Siddapur, Kakabe).
We are back with the Third Edition of our book
100 Holidays in the Hills. It's no surprise that this
book is a bestseller. The hills are the definitive
holiday destination for tourists in India.
There's a wide variety at your command - from
cities like Shimla and Srinagar to one-hill places like
Kemmannagundi and Yelagiri. We've tried to bring
you many lesser-known getaways that are easy to
access and make for a cool holiday. Some of these
destinations exist simply because of the enterprising
spirit of a mountain lover who built a cottage at the
edge of a cliff. and decided to share it with others.
From a holiday where you can sigh over a mountain
sunset even as the kids order pizza, to a complete
break where you'll hardly see a soul, we have it all.
The 100 destinations in the book have been divided
geographically into four sections: North, East, West
and South. These sections cover the popular. must-
do destinations of Himachal. Uttarakhand, Kashmir,
the Sahyadris. Tamil Nadu and Karnataka along
with the mysteries of Ladakh and Spiti, and also
unfold the less-visited splendour of the North-
Eastern beauty spots.
As usual. we've taken care to get you the latest
information on sightseeing, accommodation and
travel facts. We have also given particular attention
to resorts for the family and for middle-budget
travellers, and to soft adventure activities for the
young and the restless.
Art & Culture (777)
Emperor & Queen (486)
Send as free online greeting card
Email a Friend