This Text Book of Shalakya Tantra is formed as per new revised C.C.I.M. syllabus for B.A.M.S. course.
It aimed at making students understand the concepts of Ayurveda in easy and efficient way.
Word to Word Meaning of shloka is the highlight of the book, since it makes easy for students to understand and memorize the shlokas.
It is mainly based on quotations from Sushruta Samhitha and Ashtanga Hridaya.
Illustrations and photographs are added wherever necessary.
Scope of Research and Research Update are included at the end of each chapter.
Concised chart showing the details of each disease for easy revision are provided at the end of the book.
Review questions are included at the end of each section.
Model of multiple choice question for competitive exams have been included at the end of the book.
Prof. Suja K. Sreedhar, M.S. (Shalakya), Ph.D. (Ayu), DEM, a graduate to tranath Government Ayurveda Medical College, Bengalura and Ph.D. from Tilak Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Pune, She is currently working as Proffessor and H.O.D. in the Department of Shalakya Tantra Government Ayurveda Medical College, Bengaluru. She has teaching experience of 24 years and is committed to Shalakya Practice. She has presented Scientific Papers in National and International conferences and has published articles in scientific journals.
She is also a member for Board of Post Graduate Studies in Shalakya Tantra in Rajiv Gandhi University Of Health Science, Bengaluru.
The need for a text book on Shalakya Tantra arose because of the New C.C.I.M. syllabus for the final years BAMS course from this academic year. When I was approached by the publishers for writing a text book Shalakya Tantra, I was hesitant initially, because of the big task ahead. But it was on the insistence of my students, that I took up this herculean task which almost took two years to complete.
Salient features of the book
• It is Written in a simple and lucid language mainly based on the references taken from Sushruta Samhita and Ashtanga Hrudaya.
• Word to word meaning of the shlokas along with its translation is the highlight of this book as it makes easier understanding and helps in memorizing the shlokas.
• Figures and charts are added wherever necessary.
• Cope of Research and Research updates are available at the end of each section ignite the young minds towards research.
• Review Question papers are given at the end of each chapter.
• Concised chart showing the diseases, lakshana, sadyaasadyata, samanya and vishesha chikitsa are available at the end of the book for easy revision.
• To prepare the students for competitive exams special questionnaire-MCQ's are included at the end of the book.
• The book from its inception to the completion would not have been possible without the blessings of Lord Dhanvantari and my parents Mr. K.K. Sreedharan and Mrs. Suma Sreedhar. I am also indepted to all my teachers specially Dr. B.A. Venkatesh and Dr. • B.N. Ramesh for their guidance and proficiency in the subject. I am grateful to my friends Dr. Ahalya, Dr. Sumithra, Dr. Shoba Rani, Dr. Swarna Gowri, Syeda Ather Fatima and Dr. Geeta Bhat for their constant support during the work.
• The good wishes, encouragement and support given by my husband Dr. K. Sreenivasa Murthy and Son Sujith Sreenivas is worth mentioning here.
• I, wholeheardly thank Mr. Atul Gupta, Chaukhambha Orientalia, Varanasi for having faith in me and entrusting me with this work.
Your email address will not be published *
Send as free online greeting card
for saving your wish list, viewing past orders, receiving discounts, and lots more...
Email a Friend