Whether we live to eat or eat to live, this book covers the basis of life-our food and dietary habits. Though we are much more conscious of our health today, our lifestyle promotes poor health, chronic diseases and weight gain. Here is an asset for one and all, that harmonises modern dietetics with naturopathy principles of food and eating, keeping the Indian tastebuds in mind. The approach is simply yet scientific with user-friendly tips which are practical and answer many of the diet related queries:
· How to identify true hunger
· How to assess and improve the digestive capacity
· What should the eating habits be
· Which are the good and bad fats
· How do vegetarians get all the essential nutrients, e.g. Omega 3 fatty acids
· How to improve the eating habits of children
· Healthier cooking methods
· Which are the protective foods.
About the Author:
Dr. Renu Mahtani, M.D., is a physician practicing in Pune for the past 15 years. She is also a proficient Yoga Therapist, having been trained at various centres in India and abroad. She runs the "Wellness Health Care" centre where she conducts specialized sessions in Yoga and Pranayama for various ailments affecting modern India-diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, asthma, arthritis, migraine, etc.
She also conducts stress management workshops for corporates and lectures on various medico-social issues-AIDS awareness, physiological awareness in children, diet, etc.
Acupuncture & Acupressure (200)
Gem Therapy (25)
Original Texts (231)
Therapy & Treatment (144)
Tibetan Healing (132)
Send as free online greeting card
Email a Friend