Salient Points in the Life of Swami Satyeswarananda
• Swami Satyeswarananda Maharaj (Vidyaratna Babaj i) was educated as a resident student eight years in the hermitage school.
• He learned Kriya from Swami Satyananda with whom he was closely associated for twenty 10 years.
• Graduated from the University of Calcutta with a B.A. Philosophy Honors, received an M.A . in philosophy specializing in Vedanta philosophy concurrently received an LL.B. (law) degree and also worked for Ph.D. program.
• He was a professor of law and an advocate (attorney).
• He entered into the order of Swami with the blessings of Jagatguru Sankaracharya Swami Krishna Tirtha Bharati of Puri Gobardhan Math and Bidyananda presided over the ceremony.
• He lived in a small hut for twelve (12) years Dunagiri Hill, HIMALAYAS as a Himalay.
Hermit; sometimes with Mahamuni Babaji who frequently visited him.
Suddenly, without taking a vow, he observed CONTINUOUS SILENCE ... (akhanda mouna) for three long years and was known as Silent Sage, Mouni Baba, Mouni Swami.
In 1974, he received "Kriya Sutras" the message of Mahamuni Babaji at Dunagiri Hill, Himalayas.
In 1975, at the instruction of Babaji, he toured the world and lectured in European countries.
In 1976, Mahamuni Babaji initiated him into Purna Kriya in the Himalayas and commissioned him to re-establish the Original Kriya.
In 1982, Mahamuni Babaji sent Vidyaratna Babaji to America. He has lived in America ever since.
As a sannyasi, he lives and stays alone; and eats meals prepared by himself (swapak). Like Mahamuni Babaji and Lahiri Mahasay, he is free of asrams, centers and organizations. As a servant of all he serves only the qualified, sincere and serious seekers of truth from San Diego, California (U.S.A.)
The author first published the Biography of a Yogi (Swami Satyananda Giri) in 1985 on Guru Purnima (Guru Full Moon) to honor the request of some Kriyanwit seekers. It is a part of a series of biographies of Kriya masters that include:
1. Babaji Volume 1: The Divine Himalayan Yogi,
2. Babaji Volume 2: Lahiri Mahasay,
3. Babaji Volume 3: The Masters of Original Kriya (included is the biography of Kebalananda Maharaj),
4. The Divine Incarnation of Panchanan Bhattacharya, chief disciple of Lahiri Mahasay (this 864 - page volume includes excerpts from all of Bhattacharya's works), and
5. Sriyukteswar: A Biography.
Swami Satyananda Giri was the principal disciple in India of Swami Sriyukteswar Giri, who selected him to be leader of the East.
The author first met Swami Satyananda at Yogoda Sat Sanga Hermitage, where the author had come to stay as a resident-student for eight years and where there were many other Kriya yogis. Swami Satyananda was one of the founding members and the founder executive general secretary of Yogoda Sat Sanga Society of India (Y.S.S.) and he had laid the foundation stone of that asram. Thus, he used to visit this hermitage every year for two or three days. From that time onwards, the author came to be very closely associated with Satyananda and in the last twenty years of Satyananda's life, the author helped him with all of his activities, activities which had been thrust upon Satyananda as the leader of the East by Sriyukteswar.
The reader will find in this book many hitherto untold stories about Satyananda and will learn about his fascinating friendships, his personal growth, the relationship between the Master and his disciples and how Satyananda's students grew to serve the world community.
This revised and enlarged second edition is divided into two volumes with new inclusions are:
I. Swami Satyananda's Handwritten Letters in Bengali to the Author and their English translations with notes and comments.
2. Discourses on Kriya (reflection from Discourses on Kriya with Satyananda),
3. Complete Works of Satyananda - Part 1
1. Biographical Sketch of Lahiri Mahasay (written from Karar Asram, Swargadwar, Puri), published in March, 1941 first document ever published on Lahiri Mahasay,
2. Hangsa Swami Kebalananda Maharaj (written from Yogoda Brahmacharya Vidyalaya, Ranchi), published in 1942 on Rasa Purnima, November Full Moon), first document ever published on Hangsa Swami Kebalananda Maharaj,
3. Swami Sriyukteswar Giri: Reminiscences (written at Sevayatan), published on Mahalaya, in October, 1947, first document ever published on Sriyukteswar, and 4. Dibya Jivan and the Bhagavad Gita and
Volume 2 - Complete Works of Satyananda
5. Yogananda Sanga: As I Saw and Understood Him (a biography of Paramhansa Yogananda)
The new edition will also satisfy those people who requested "Discourses on Kriya with Satyananda" and who particularly requested an English translation of his book on Yogananda ("Yogananda Sanga"). This book will be released later in a separate book.
It is hoped that this comprehensive biography of the Divine Yogi, Swami Satyananda, will be helpful to the seekers of Truth.
|b.||Important Note for all||ii|
|d.||List of Published Works of the author||ix|
|e.||Endowment Certificate from Calcutta University||xiii|
|i.||Preface to the Second Edition||xx|
|j.||Note of the Revised Third Edition||xxii|
|Biography of a Yogi Swami satyananda|
|1||The Early Years||1|
|2||Entering into the Greater Life||37|
|3||The Chosen Leader of the East..||56|
|4||The Chief of the Hermitage, Asramadhyakshya and the Principal of Ranchi School (1922-1942)||63|
|5||The Founder Executive General Secretary of Yogoda Sat Sanga (YSS) of India||75|
|7||Meetings with Direct Disciples of Lahiri Mahasay||96|
|8||Meetings with Other Kriya Yogis||107|
|9||Meetings with Great Masters||111|
|10||Meetings with Great Women Sages||140|
|12||The Master, the Acharya||159|
|13||Swami Satyananda's Historical Handwritten Letters to the Author||172|
|14||Discourses on Kriya with Satyananda||401|
|15||The Last Days||488|
|The Complete Works of Swami Satyananda|
|16||A Brief Biography of Lahiri Mahasay||510|
|17||A Brief Biography of Hangsa Swami Kebalananda||594|
|18||Reminiscences of Swami Sriyukteswar||631|
|19||Dibya Jivan and the Bhagavad Gita||734|
|20||The Author's Conclusion||737|
Item Code: NAJ141 Author: Swami Satyeswarananda Giri Cover: Hardcover Edition: 2016 Publisher: The Sanskrit Classics, Publisher ISBN: 9781877854606 Language: English Size: 8.5 inch X 6.0 inch Pages: 770 (16 Color and 4 B/W Illustrations) Other Details: Weight of the Book: 930 gms
Shipping Free - 4 to 6 days