• Swami Satyeswarananda Maharaj (Vidyaratna Babaji) was educated as a resident student for eight years in the hermitage school.
• He learned Kriya from Swami Satyananda with whom he was closely associated for twenty long years.
• Graduated from the University of Calcutta with a B.A. Philosophy Honors, received an M.A. in philosophy specializing in Vedanta Philosophy, concurrently received an LL.B. (LAW) degree, and also worked for Ph.D. program.
• He was a professor of law and an advocate (attorney).
• He entered into the order of Swami with the blessings of Jagatguru Sankaracharya Swami Krishna Tirtha Bharati of Puri Gobardhan Math and Bidyananda presided over the ceremony.
• He lived in a small hut for twelve (12) years in Dunagiri Hill, Himalayas as a Himalayan Hermit; sometimes with Mahamuni Babaji who frequently visited him.
• Suddenly, without taking a vow, he observed CONTINUOUS SILENCE.... (akhanda mouna) for three long years and was known as Silent Sage, Mouni Baba, Mouni Swami.
• In 1974, he received “Kriya Sutras” the message of Mahamuni Babaji at Dunagiri Hill, Himalayas.
• In 1975, at the instruction of Babaji, he toured the world and lectured in European countries.
• In 1976, Mahamuni Babaji initiated him into Purna Kriya in the Himalayas and commissioned him to re-establish the Original Kriya.
• In 1982, Mahamuni Babaji sent vidyaratna Babaji to America. He has lived in America ever since.
• As a Sannyasi, he lives and stays alone; and eats meals prepared by himself (swapak). Like Mahamuni Babaji and Lahiri Mahasay, he is free of asram, center and Organizations.
The author first published the Biography of a Yogi ( Swami Satyananda Giri) in 1985 on Guru Purnima ( guru full Moon) to honor the request of some Kriyanwits seekers. It is a part of a series of biographies of Kriya that include:
1. Babaji Volume 1: The Divine Himalaya Yogi.
2. Babaji Volume 2: Lahiri Mahasy.
3. Babaji Volume 3: The Masters of Original Kriya (included is the biography of Kebalananda Maharaj),
4. The Divine Incarnation of Panchanan) Bhattacharya, The chief Disciple of Lahiri Mahasay (this 864 page volume includes excerpts from all of Bhattacharya’s works), and 5. Sriyukteswar: A Biography.
Swami Satyananda Giri was the principal disciple in India of Swami Sriyukteswar Giri who selected him to be leader of the East. The author first met Swami Satyananda at Yogoda Sat Sanga Hermitage, where the author had come to stay as a resident student for eight years and where there were many other Kriya yogis. Swami Satyananda was one of the founding members and the founder executive general secretary of Yogoda Sat Sanga Society of India (Y.S.S.) and he laid the foundation stone of that asram. Thus, he used to visit this hermitage every year for two or three days. From that time onwards, the author came to be very closely associated with Satyananda and in the last twenty years of satyananda’s life the author helped him with all of his activities, activities which has been thrust upon Satyananda as the leader of the East by Sriyukteswar.
The reader will find in this book many hitherto untold stories about Satyananda and will learn about his fascinating friendship , his personal growth, the relationship between the Master and his disciples and how Satyananda’s students grew to serve the world community.
This revised and enlarged second edition is divided into two volumes: 1. Swami Satyananda and his complete works. 2. Yogananda Sanga by Swami Satyananda. In this volume, Swami Satyeshwarananda, the present author has added his own writing chapter 5,6,7,8,10 and 11.
The author hopes that this edition will serve the kriyanwits and Kriyanwitas, the followers of Kriya Practitioners
|6||The List of Complete words of the Author||XV|
|Biography of a Yogi - Yogananda|
|1||About the Original Author of Yogananda Sanga Swami Satyananda||3|
|3||Yogananda Sanga by Swami Satyananda|
|4||The Notes and the Comments||209|
|5||The Historical Perspective of Atma Kriya||276|
|Yogananda - Leader of the Modified Mess|
|6||Yogananda's Immature Indiscretions||428|
|8||Nirad Ranjan Choudhuri||662|
|9||Historical Handwritten letters of Yogananda and the English Translation, the Excerpts of the Bengali Portions of Yogananda's Handwriten Letters||697|
|10||Miss Laurie V. Pratt and autobiography of Yogi||821|
Item Code: NAJ116 Author: Swami Satyeswarananda Giri Cover: Hardcover Edition: 2016 Publisher: The Sanskrit Classics, Publisher ISBN: 9781877854569 Language: English Size: 8.5 inch X 5.5 inch Pages: 938 (35 B/W Illustrations) Other Details: Weight of the Book: 1.1 kg